This is the most common question one gets before shopping online. Well for this question I would like to brief you through my researches and analysis. Here are some tips published at http://www.sitepricechecker.com on How to Shop Smartly Online.
- Keep on Tracking the Price of a product you want to buy online: When you shop online, prices are constantly changing. Retail sites usually have a complicated algorithm that raises and lowers prices based on several factors, like your purchase history, the day of the week, trending items, etc.
Prices can even change multiple times in the same day! You can track prices on various websites and sign up to receive alerts when the items you want are on sale.
- If you buy a lot of stuff from a brand or store, be a super-fan! Some websites offer better prices for members, so take some time to make an account before making a purchase. Follow stores and brands you love on social media and sign up for their email newsletter – you will get exclusive deals and early notification of upcoming sales.
- Look for deals from different devices. Some sites offer different prices based on the device you are using. For example, a shopper using a Mac computer may see a higher price, because the algorithm assumes that shopper has a higher income. Try accessing a site from multiple devices to make sure you are getting the best price.
- When you’re ready to start entering your information to make a purchase, make sure the page is secure. You can tell by looking at the URL of the page; if it starts with “https”, it is a secure site that will encrypt your information. Don’t enter your information on a page that doesn’t have the “s” or the lock symbol. And avoid sending personal information in emails, too.
- Have a healthy level of skepticism about any retail site you haven’t visited before. Do a quick Google search for comments and reviews about the site – you will figure out pretty quickly if a site is dangerous or a scam. Taking customer reviews into account is an important part of making a smart online purchase.
We often first notice an extremely positive or negative review and we can decide instantaneously if it’s something we just have to have or something that is low quality and not worth the money. However, you should take time to review all the customer reviews, not just the most extreme. If you carefully read through the reviews, you will get an accurate picture of all the pros and cons of the product.
- Buy more, less often. Shipping fees can be steep on some retail sites, but you can minimize them by buying more items, less often. So, if you find something you like, bookmark it, and wait until you have 2 or 3 other things from that same site bookmarked before you buy. You will also use less packaging materials, which is an eco-friendly plus.
- Define Your Budget: The idea of sticking to a budget is brought up whenever talking about how to make responsible purchases, and for good reason. A budget is a useful tool that helps us stay within our means, know what we can afford, and allows us to save before making a purchase.
Before you even start looking at products, you should already know how much you can afford and are willing to spend.
- Refer Shipping Policies: Review every company’s shipping policy before you purchase anything online. Completing an online purchase is the first step, but you still must make sure it gets to you in one piece without any damage.
For all fragile or expensive products, go the extra step and pay for insurance of your shipment. You do not want to waste your money in the event your shipment is damaged, lost, or stolen along the way.
- Shop smart online: Shopping online puts the whole world at your fingertips, which can be a huge benefit or a huge liability, depending on how you use it. The big danger with online shopping is that there are not many barriers to spending money.
Unlike shopping in a store, you do not have to put much effort or thought into adding things to your cart. But by planning and taking intentional steps to do your homework before you buy, you can stay in control of your shopping experience, and use it to help you save both time and money.
- Other Platforms: Before going to opt for shopping online a customer can check out the prices of the similar products at Nearby stores also and offers also. Wait for some special occasions or special sale day while shopping online.
Thats it. There are a number for stuff related to online shopping, but I feel the above are the 10 best tips to Shop Smartly Online.