Cloud based computing can be categorised into several groups according to their service accessible and development features. The 4 broad categories are reviewed as under:
- Public Cloud: As the name suggests, the services are categorised to give the resource access to any public client as per his demands. Such clouds are the properties of third party organizations which lease the resources or provide free access so as the public over the internet can enjoy the resources. These clouds are cost valued services and, individuals and small scale organization utilizes its benefits who cannot invest much budget in purchasing private clouds or owning infrastructure.
- Private Cloud: These clouds are specifically useful for mid-level organizations that can invest little more budgets over resources accessing and deals with confidential data so seeks privacy and security with reliability. In this cloud based computing, the complete processes and information bases are managed within the organization without any limitations with full access over the private cloud offering maximum bandwidth.
- Community Clouds: In these cloud resources, a group or specific community which are related to each other in any terms, have the authorization to access the resources of the specific cloud. It can be understand as a public cloud in which a specific category of public can access the resources. These clouds are little more expensive than that of public clouds as only a small group of organizations shares the information and resources base. Various government bodies, large scale organizations and organizations tied with geographical regions takes maximum benefits of such cloud computing services.
- Hybrid Cloud: These clouds are ajoint venture of both the private and public clouds. In such computing, those resources and data bases which deals with secure and confidential information are processed with private cloud computing and noncritical and general services are carried with public clouds. The separate cloud body of public, private and community clouds are synchronized together to give the premier services as per the requirement. Large scale organizations, who want to take the maximum output, go for hybrid computing as it serves the best result in budget way.
Advantages of Cloud based Computing
The reason behind the great demand and popularity of cloud computing is the various benefits associated with the technology. The advantages of this advance computing technology include:
- No need of software subscription as the client does not require to buy the specific software and can use all the features of particular software over the internet through cloud computing.
- Cloud computing helps to reduce the maintaining and update needs of the softwares.
- In general form of computing, since all the databases and software utilities are stored in the same hard drives so it becomes utmost necessary to regularly create backups and recovery disks. But the cloud servers are highly durable and reliable service offering components in which client doesn’t require to concern for the backups as everything is take care at cloud server side.
- It helps the clients to go free from limitation of hard disk limited space and one can enjoy the feature of unlimited storage capacity over clouds.
- The approach is highly cost effective as no hardware and software investment is required and in minimum renting price, all resources will be at working end.
The best advantage that comes with cloud based computingis he portability issue. As all the software and information bases are available over the internet so it can be accessed by anyone from anywhere of the world corner.